03 January 2011

So sick I can't even knit.

How sad. What a terrible way to kick off the New Year! With the worst cold ever! (Well, the worst since I had this same cold last year...) I called out of work today, but even with uninterrupted couch time, I was too sick to knit more than a few rows of my Rosamund's Cardigan. I started this cardigan as a KAL (knit along) with a friend, and hers is now blocking while mine still needs 3 waist decreases and 2 sleeves. I am loving this sweater though. There's a ton of plain (reverse) stockinette, so it goes fast, but there's enough to keep track of with cables and shaping that it doesn't get boring. I'm knitting it in some gorgeous Sanguine Gryphon Free Range in the Indian Peafowl colorway. I bought the yarn at Rhinebeck in October and I love it so much, I ordered 2 more skeins to make Allen a Clockwork! If my nose stops running I may actually finish Rosamund this week.

My first cast-on of the new year will be a pair of convertible (flip top) mitts for Allen. Since my long-suffering husband has yet to receive any of my knitting handiwork, I figured it was time. He's actually getting a set: convertible mitts, a koolhaas and Clockwork. I'm trying to fly through the mitts and hat so I can get to clockwork before it warms up! My goal is to finish Allen's "commuting set" before February 1. Hurry up fingers! Knit faster!

The amigurumi that we knit for our nieces went over really well. I'm very pleased with how they turned out and how easy it was to modify the clothes for each. Allen's Hep Kitty is my absolute favorite, and our niece almost didn't get a Christmas gift from us as a result! So tempting to keep it for my own! Allen has promised to make me one though. And the Little Man Vest I made for our nephew came out adorable and fit him perfectly! Which, actually, is a bad thing since he's one and a half. He'll basically get to wear it this winter and that's it. Luckily, my sister (in-law) has another on the way so maybe it will get some more use!

Look at those adorable crafts! Uh, I mean kids! Happy New year and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Can't wait to see the koolhaas...I've been wanting to make one of those for a while now.

    I hadn't thought of clockwork for a guy...hmm. I've been wanting to make one and was just going to do it because I want to have made a shawl, and it looks pretty awesome. I've got some great grey yarn that I want to use as the main color and was going to use some pinkish yarn for the contrast and give it away, but now...hmm.

    ReplyDelete