09 March 2011

Sample knitting.

I have recently discovered the miraculous world of test and sample knitting. Did you guys know about this?? I haven't test knit anything yet, but I have been working on some projects for a friend who has 30 patterns coming out with a new yarn line. It's pretty exciting stuff and honestly? I'm a little star struck by her. I mean, she's an amazing friend but she also happens to be a knitting rock star.

So, sample knitting. I volunteered to do some sample knitting for this friend, because hey - new knitting and helping out a friend! Best of both worlds! But as it turns out, you get paid for sample knitting! Paid! I mean, granted, it's slave wages in terms of hours worked, but getting paid to do something I would have done for free is pretty amaze-balls. I'm still trying to figure out how to turn this into a full time gig...

Having said that however, I will also say that having a deadline for your knitting can be stressful. Thankfully, though, I am a last minute knitter anyway, so almost all my knitting is "deadline" knitting. I have discovered that I am turning into a knitting monogamist, much to my surprise. I have 5 works-in-progress right now and that, more than anything else, is what stresses me out. But I'm actually feeling proud about it, if you follow what I mean. Yes, it's stressful to me to have so many knitting projects unfinished right now, but I really feel like that is a sign that I am growing up as a knitter. I am a finisher! I do not like to have WIPs all over the place! I have (hopefully) beaten the startitis!

Fingers crossed, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment