22 March 2011

Super secret sneak preview.

Much of this month has been occupied with sample knitting. This is my first foray into the world of pay-for-knit, and I've got to say, I kind of love it. I mean, it's got pros and cons. Pros: paid to knit - hey-o!, get to work with yarns I might not otherwise have used, fun new patterns to try out and correct, my name in a knitting book and a free copy of said book! Plus, watching my friend develop and release her own yarn line! Woo. Cons: deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, I'm not designing anything, just doing "grunt work" (not complaining though!), less time for personal projects.


All in all, I'm really enjoying it and I think this might be a good way to earn a little extra cash for yarn purchases when I transition to full time housewife. It's pretty awesome.


Since the yarn line and pattern books haven't been released yet, I can't show you what I've been doing other than this super sneaky peek... I'll say this, the yarn is delightful to knit with - it's got a soft sheen and is wonderfully soft and squooshy, but is also sturdy. You can put tension on it without worrying about snapping the yarn. It's pretty luxurious stuff and the put ups are fantastic. I'm not much of a photographer, but trust me when I say the yarn was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment